6.26.2011

{Day # 18} Inspiring Love Stories

Everyone enjoys a good love story that beats the odds, well us women do, right?

The most inspiring love story in my life is that of my parents. They met in High School while my Dad played in a band with my Mom's brother. My Grandfather, being the strict Italian he was, didn't like my Dad's long hair and him in general, so he kicked my Mom out of the house! She had to live at the YMCA. My parents still got married, my Dad joined the Army and they had their first son...My Grandpa and Dad became best of friends, but what at trying time it was for them! They lived in a trailer on the Army base in Alabama and my Dad missed the first year of my Brother's life being away serving our Country in Vietnam.  But through it all they stuck together and their love has gotten them through 4 kids, 9 grand kids and 43 years of marriage! My, how far they have come and the stories they have to share. They are amazing role models, parents and friends!



A good love story is sure to reinforce your faith in love... Here are the 20 most famous love stories in history and literature...

1.      Romeo and Juliet

2.      Cleopatra and Mark Antony

3.      Lancelot and Guinevere

4.      Tristan and Isolde

5.      Paris and Helena

6.      Orpheus and Eurydice

7.      Napoleon and Josephine

8.      Odysseus and Penelope

9.      Paolo and Francesca

10.  Scarlett O’Hara and Rhett Butler

11.  Jane Eyre and Rochester

12.  Layla and Majnun

13.  Eloise and Abelard

14.  Pyramus and Thisbe

15.  Elizabeth Bennett and Darcy

16.  Salim and Anarkali

17.  Pocahontas and John Smith

18.  Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal

19.  Marie and Pierre Curie

20.  Queen Victoria and Prince Albert

If you aren't familiar with these Love stories (as I wasn't with all of them), visit this link.

No comments :

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink