11.17.2010

Sock Monkey Party

Blog by Teren Coulter

I have always had a deep down love for the classic sock monkey. I heard that my dad enjoyed sock monkeys growing up, so maybe this is where my slight obsession comes from. I think my love for this little icon also carried over to the more updated Julian Monkey from Paul Frank. Both my boys are constantly rockin' the Small Paul line. Needless to say, when I came across an adorable Sock Monkey Party at "We are the New Black", I totally became inspired and created my own inspiration board.


{Decor}I love the color palette of red and aqua for this particular party. Use the iconic sock monkey, or the updated Julian monkey, to create banners, cupcake tags, signs, etc.


{Entertainment} Purchase "blank" sock monkeys and have children decorate with fabric pens, buttons, ribbons, felt, etc., paint monkey faces on children, or have children try to run an obstacle course with a banana under their chin.

{Food} Banana cupcakes, PB&J sandwiches, dried banana chips, and frozen bananas!



No comments :

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink