8.28.2010

Shabby Chic {Tea Party}

Blog by: Teren Coulter

When my Great-Grandmother passed away I was given her antique china. It is nothing of great monetary value, but it definitely has sentimental value. I was hoping someday I would have a little girl and I would be able to use the flower-print china for a classic tea party. I was,however, blessed with two little boys who want nothing to do with pink, flowers, or tea of any sort.So, I have decided to share my ideas with you, in hopes that someone will put to use my vision of a {Shabby Chic Tea Party}.
  • Choose a color palette, I prefer the pastels, and mix match all sorts of china found at flea markets, thrift stores, garage sales, or in your grandmother's attic. Also stick with the same color scheme and choose mis-matching vintage linens, chairs, and serving ware.
  • Use mason jars or large tin pails to collect flowers from your garden and use as table centerpieces. 
  • Make a bunting out of floral fabric to hang above your table, or you can use floral lanterns, or even a shabby chic chandelier.
  • Make party hats out of floral paper and embellish with silk-flowers, rhinestones, and fringe. 
  • Serve tea sandwiches, scones and jam, or just simply a variety of desserts and cupcakes...and don't forget the tea.
  • For entertainment, have someone teach an etiquette class, or have a dress up trunk with vintage inspired hats, long gowns, gloves, and high heels.
  • Let your tea party guests leave with cotton candy, inspired by the party's color palette.
  

{Photo credits}
Cotton Candy Machine: http://www.overstock.com/

No comments :

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink